So, you’re sick and tired of lugging multiple bags through airports, checked bag fees and waiting to retrieve your luggage. “One bag travel” is for you. What’s the best way to pack everything you need for your trip into one carry-on bag?
First, take advantage of the many features of Travelpro® Rollaboard® luggage. For example, use the interior pockets to store small items, such as belts and portable electronics. And don’t forget to utilize the top lid to store shirts and other folded garments.
If your bag has a removable Suiter system, use it to neatly fold your dresses, suits and other formal wear. If your travel wear is more casual, the Suiter also accommodates shirts, pants and other outfits while keeping them wrinkle-free.
Place heavy objects on the bottom of the main storage compartment, then arrange your garments on top. Also, be sure to secure your clothing with the interior tie-down straps to prevent shifting and wrinkling in transit.
Opinions vary on whether folding or rolling your garments is the best method for packing a rollaboard. Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages:
FOLDING YOUR CLOTHES FOR CARRY-ON PACKING
- Folded clothing can be taken directly from the bag and placed into dresser drawers, saving time.
- Folded clothing is less likely to prompt an inspection at a security checkpoint.
- Rolling may wrinkle certain delicate fabrics.
- Many travelers hesitate to roll suits, dresses and other formal wear.
ROLLING YOUR CLOTHES FOR CARRY-ON PACKING
- Rolling enables you to fit nearly twice as much clothing in luggage than folding does.
- Rolling enthusiasts insist that rolling garments minimizes wrinkling.
- Tightly packing rolled wearables keeps them from shifting in transit, which also prevents wrinkling.
- Rolled clothing is easier to repack after a security checkpoint inspection.
Finally, whether you fold, roll or take the “hybrid” approach, you should also resist the temptation to pack extra shoes. Wear shoes that are appropriate for both formal and casual occasions, and don’t take up valuable luggage space with additional pairs.
And remember, slip-ons will get your through security much faster than shoes with laces.